Ok ya’ll, this is super exciting. We announced today that LibDib is now licensed in Maryland. That makes 2 new states in the last 60 days!
ALL LibDib Makers now have access to 9 states in 1 platform. LibDib is now in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, New York, Maryland, Wisconsin, and in Texas via LibDib@RNDC in TX (which is still in beta, click here for more details). All Maker product information, images, videos, and sell sheets that are placed on the LibDib platform can now be applied to distribution in 9 states.
This means LibDib now offers wine and spirits to half of the U.S. population, and 5 of the 6 most populated states.
All of us who are well versed in beverage alcohol distribution know that every state is just a little bit different in terms of how distributors can legally operate. LibDib’s Help Center has a ton of details (be sure to check out our market-specific Go Live Guides for tips on licensing and setting up distribution). Just remember, LibDib is a distributor not an attorney, so we highly recommend securing your own compliance representative. It’s one of the most important costs of doing business in the beverage alcohol industry.
Step 1: Complete our interest forms
Start the conversation with our team to get set up and ready to go. If you are interested in one of our shiny new markets, fill out these forms:
Step 2: Set Up Your Account
For Existing LibDib Makers:
- The new markets are now LIVE for you to sign up. The marketplaces in those states are not yet live for Buyers but we do expect to go live in early 2022. Get set up now so you’re ready to go in the New Year.
- Simply sign in to LibDib, upload your license(s) for the appropriate state(s), price products for the and…..go. It’s that easy.
- Fun fact about CT: all cases must be 12 bottles--even spirits. So pay extra special attention to your pricing and shipping.
For New Makers:
- First and foremost, welcome. Sign up online. It’s free and easy to sign up.
- Set up your account, enter products, decide which markets you want to be in, and get/upload the appropriate licenses. Oh, and we have an Onboarding Guide for that.
- Next, get your LibShip account.
- Set up pricing, price by market, and go.
- Reminder that the LibDib Help Center has TONS of info. Go there if you get stuck.
Can’t stop, won’t stop. Not till we hit most states.
If you’re not on LibDib sign up today to receive news of where we will be going next!